The lastest Formula 1 roundups, debates and news: youtube.com/chandnivlogs

Jennifer Becks Interview; All about Weight Limits, Jobs, Paddock, celebrities, Sutil & more!

In this Interview, me and Jennifer talked about everything from Weight limits to the intense travelling in F1!
Scroll down for the Interview
Jennifer Becks and Adrian Sutil in the Bahrain Paddock 2014

A woman with style. Photo Credit to Motorsport.com
I have been in touch with Jennifer Becks since mid last year and it was been a fascinating journey to see what she's seeing, wearing and her support for the German driver/ her boyfriend Adrian Sutil AKA Super Sutil! 
Her style is something that has really caught my eye a lot. In fact since the very beginning when I did a style video on her early last year! For those that want to know all about her style click here to my full fashion interview with her! 

Here she is wearing one of my favourite looks that she wore during the Bahrain Grand Prix  2014 weekend! I mean just look at those printed Dolce shorts! Her style to me resembles being elegant, chic, modern, sophisticated and sexy without necessarily showing too much.
Photo credit: Motorsport.com

Stunning bold necklace

As I was watching one of the practice sessions of the Bahrain Grand Prix, I saw her wearing this gorgeous long black maxi dress. Jennifer said it was one she bought in Melbourne four weeks ago. The dress is online here.

Stunning long black Maxi dress from Sheike.com.au (Photo Credit to Motorsport.com) 
Stunning dress and credit to @jenniferbex's instagram

Interview

1. Have you met anyone (like celebrities) that you really enjoyed meeting or never expected to meet?
"There are not many celebrities coming to F1 these days anymore and to be honest, I am not a big fan of anyone and because I am focused on Adrian's job and my tasks during the weekend I don't have much time to look for any celebrities. 
Before I started traveling together with Adrian I was working in London for Sony BMG (back in 2007) and later for a German TV show. I met quiet a few "big" actors and singers (like J Lo, Destinys Child, REM, Robert downey jr and many many more) during this time and was working with them - but as I said, I hardly got very excited (they are all human beings). 
I would have loved to meet Michael Jackson as I am still a huge fan. Unlucky, I never even got the chance to see him live on stage. That would have made me scream!
But lets come back to F1. Last year a friend of Adrian brought his friend Matt le Blanc to Austin and we had a nice time together." 

Jennifer with 'Friends' star Matt Le Blanc in Austin 
"I am impressed by the beautiful Catherine zeta jones. Michael Douglas visits some races every now and then - maybe he will bring her and I would probably ask for a picture like a shy kid ;)."

2. I saw also on Instagram the amazing pictures you took, is photography one of your hobbies? 
"Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I do enjoy taking pictures a lot! It is a nice hobby and with all the traveling we do its nice to have the pictures to remember several moments - it is all going so fast and we hardly have much time to enjoy the places and countries we visit."

All photo credit to @Jenniferbex on Instagram. Make sure you follow her there for more!
Bahrain lit palm tree

Sydney opera house snap by Jennifer

Beautiful views

Breathtaking views

Great barrier reef

Sightseeing in Malaysia

3. What are you most looking forward to this year?
"Adrian being successful in F1!..."
Jennifer and boyfriend Adrian Sutil for Sauber F1 Team 2014
"But there is going to be something else: As I am adoring animals, wildlife and nature it has been a big dream to see whales in the ocean. Therefore we are going to fly to Vancouver island before the Canadian GP. I am counting the days and I am praying that I will get to see as many whales as possible in the ocean. I am still working on the trip as I am trying to find a company that brings us to the whales as close as possible but also - and even more important - a company that respects the environment and is not only interested in touristic tours and money."
-In the previous interview I did with her here, Jennifer talked about suffering and harm to animals which she is against. At the time we were talking about India during the time of the Indian Grand Prix." 
Here is a photograph from Google Images courtesy of Travel.net of what Vancouver Island looks like
Photo credit: Willgoto.com shows the animals in the water on Vancouver Island

"Also the first trip of the year, visiting Sydney and the Great Barrier Reef after the Australian GP, was something I was looking forward to for a while."


Incredible images; Great barrier reef images from her official Instagram: @jenniferbex


4. How is the food in the paddock and what is your favourite food to eat when you're at the paddock for race weekends?
"Every team has its own catering team and the Sauber chefs are doing a great job. As one of the tallest drivers Adrian is struggling with his weight at the moment so he has to watch what he is eating even more. 
We usually eat vegetables, rice and maybe a slice of meat, salads etc (something not too heavy); fruits and yoghurt for breakfast... Basically the same food we eat at home. We are used to German dark bread (vollkornbrot) and because its quiet hard to get it in other countries on the breakfast buffet I usually take some packages with us wherever we go." 

 Thanks to website: br.de. This is what Vollkornbrot looks like. (Very healthy)
5. You were recently in Dubai, what do you like most and least about the city?
"I like visiting Dubai. I like the modern and clean style of the city and also trips to the desert are a great adventure. I first visited the city in 2002. It is very impressive how everything has changed over the past 12 years. I've been there a few times and especially during winter it is lovely to go there because the weather is beautiful and the journey doesn't take too long." 

Jennifer's visit to the Atlantis the Palm Hotel and Resort (Via @Jenniferbex instagram)
"But everything is a little bit too big for me. I enjoy every minute of a 2-7 days stay but then I am happy to travel bag to Europe. And as a European i am not used to air condition and this is something I am always struggling with, wherever we go."

6. Formula 1 is seen as a very glamorous and luxurious sport, what would you say is the most and least glamourous part of F1 for you?
"For a (VIP) guest of a f1 race the weekend contains action, fun, great food and drinks, parties and many more. But we don't experience much of it. Usually the things we see are the airport, the hotel (at night) and the paddock. 
Luckily I am not going to the track on Thursdays and I take this as my sightseeing day or, depending on where we are, relaxing pool day. But even then I only have a few hours to have a look around so I am always making plans what to see every year. 
Many people don't understand how tough it is to fly to so many countries within such a short period of time. We have to fight against the jetlag and especially the drivers have to be fit during the weekend - but sometimes there's not enough time to arrive early enough to get used to the new time zone. So usually we are tired. The days are always long. Especially on Fridays the alarm clock rings between 6 and 7, we have to arrive at the track between 8 and 9 and usually don't leave before 8 or 9 at night, or even later. As a woman you have to be able to get ready very quick in the morning ;)
And living out of the suitcase and sleeping in so many different hotels is debilitating. But that's part of the job..."

Thanks to Jennifer for answering my questions just as she was waiting for their departure in Dubai at that moment. She also mentioned: "I can't wait to go home. We have been away for over 4 weeks!" 

Make sure to follow my blog for more and to follow Jennifer Becks too!
You can follow Jennifer on:
Twitter: @Jennifer_becks
Instagram: @JenniferBex

You can also follow me for more below and updates on new articles:Instagram: itschandnipatel or click the link hereTwitter: itschandnipatel or click the link hereFacebook: ChandniVlogs or click the link here

Other interviews I done can be found on my blog or through the links below, Enjoy!
Camille Marchetti: herePaola Ruiz: here
Chloe Roberts: here

1 comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig