The lastest Formula 1 roundups, debates and news: youtube.com/chandnivlogs

Interview with Jennifer Becks

Hello everyone! 
So I recently did a fashion and Formula 1 related interview with the beautiful Jennifer Becks, who is Adrian Sutil's girlfriend. Adrian, as many of us know, races for the Sahara Force India Formula One team and has done so for almost 5 complete seasons. By his side is a very beautiful woman with a great sense of style and personality in and outside of the paddock.


Jennifer Becks
Here is a video of me explaining exactly how I got to interview her:



She is honestly one of the kindest people I have ever met through social media and Formula 1 online. As I mentioned in the video I currently study BA Fashion Design and Textiles and I also have a major love for F1, so who better to ask for fashion and beauty advice? 

The Interview

What are your favourite Makeup items?
"Favourite makeup items: definitely mascara! There is hardly a day without it!
Because of my blond hair, my eyebrows are light blond and without an eyebrow pencil you don't really see them... so that's needed too. When I leave the house, a nice foundation is always helpful, especially in winter when the tan is missing."

How would you describe your style?
"I try to wear what I like and how I feel the day. Depending on the weather of course. In general I would say it's more of a classic than trendy style. But I try to mix a few things and wear whatever I think suits me. Most of the time I hardly open for any 'crazy' or 'freaky' things but I'm always happy to see people wear different styles."

Are you more of a dress or jeans kinds of woman?
"I love dresses! Unfortunately it's very cold in Europe in winter. Most of the time i'm wearing jeans. But I'm always happy when the sun is out and it's warm enough for a nice dress. Make a woman feel like a woman."

Jennifer and a Black Hermes Birkin
Who is your favourite designer?
"I don't really have one.. always depending on my mood, the shop and the money in my pocket, but where I always find something is Burberry, Prada and Elisabetta Franchi." 

What is your must have handbag?
"Expensive but the best: Hermes Birkin bag and Chanel 2.55." 
(Chanel's 2.55 is also my favourite bag, very practical and pretty!)

Do you have any travel advice?
"1st checking out the weather and culture of the country. Then trying to figure out which outfits can be worn during the day and night so you can save some space in the suitcase. I'm always trying to make a plan, what to wear which day, especially during longer trips. So I know exactly what I need... no matter where you go, take a scarf with you, air condition can be tough, especially when you are not used to it! And take a comfortable jumpsuit for the relaxing evenings plus a bikini for wellness, spa and a nice workout swim."

Lets Talk Monaco and The Amber Lounge Fashion Show!

Who missed watching the Monaco Grand Prix? I hope no one did! Because it is always feels like one of the best races of the season and holds such a glamorous vibe! Lots of celebrities were in attending, such as Jennifer Lawrence and Amanda Holden along with many others.
Before the race day itself, on Friday, was a spectacular annual charity show and fashion catwalk by the name of Amber Lounge organised by Sonia Irvine. Several Formula One drivers took part in the show, as you see from left to right. (Valterri Bottas, Charles Pic, Max Chilton, Jules Bianchi, Esteban Gutierrez, Giedo Van Der Garde and also Adrian Sutil) who took part this year. Many women in F1 such as Jennifer herself took part in the charity show, alongside other women in F1 such as Japanese model Jessica Michibata, girlfriend to McLaren driver Jenson Button as seen below. (Second from the right next to Jennifer Becks).

How did you like the Amber Lounge Fashion Show? What was it you did and what was it like wearing that stunning dress and being alongside other F1 women? 
Jennifer with other F1 women
Charity fashion show
"Well the fashion show made me feel very nervous! I've never been on a catwalk before and never expected it to happen. But it was charity and Sonia Irvine is such a wonderful person, I said yes when she asked. I'm glad I did it, it was a nice experience although I was glad in the end that I didn't fall or anything else didn't happen."

"The dress was by Andrew GN. It reminded me of a greek goddess and was very nice, unfortunately we couldn't keep the outfits. It was nice to get our hair and makeup done by some professional makeup artists. Backstage everybody was working so hard and wanted to make the most out of the evening. We, the driver's girlfriends were only a very small part of it, but we had a great time!" 
Actress Jennifer Lawrence

The show certainly looked fabulous with the variety of beautifully cut, tailored and draped evening dresses going down the catwalk, with the backdrop of stunning Monaco all the way around the Le Meridien Beach Plaza Hotel. It sure looked like a very glamorous and elegant! 

Lets Talk India and the Last Part of the Season

This season seems to have flown past! I remember seeing the Australian Grand Prix like it was yesterday and now we only have Abu Dhabi, Austin and Brazil Left! It was just hours after the Indian Grand Prix had finished when I asked Jennifer what she thought of India and the next place she was headed, Abu Dhabi.

Was it your first trip to India and what do you think of the food and culture

"It wasn't my first trip to India and I am enjoying it. I am enjoying the food very much! There is just one important thing missing for Adrian and me, some fresh air. But the people are very friendly and trying their best."

What are your thoughts on India and the Grand Prix?
"Compared to our standards in Europe they are still behind, in most parts. But who knows if that's a good or bad thing. There is just one thing I cannot handle in here or everywhere in the world an that's animals suffering...and here there's so many dogs, cows and even elephants. But most of them didn't look too unhappy or in pain. So it's something I must accept."


When do you go to Abu Dhabi?
"We are leaving to Abu Dhabi very early tomorrow morning. Still at the track (Buddh International Circuit in India) and ready for the next GP already. Time is running so fast. Right now I am much looking forward to getting to the the UAE tomorrow, but I am also hoping to visit India anytime soon."

Wishing you a fabulous time in Abu Dhabi and lots of Luck! One of my favourite places to visit. 
Make sure you follow Jennifer on Twitter: @jennifer_becks and Instagram: @jenniferbex!

To anyone reading, it is a shock if you haven't been to India before. I myself am Indian and every time I go there it's an entirely new experience, having lived in countries like USA, UK, Kenya and Australia which are all different, but they are nothing compared to India. 
Literally no driving rules and almost every animal on the roads, feels like a video game, but somehow as Jennifer said they make it work. 

Speaking of F1, I also did a tour of Ferrari World on Abu Dhabi's Yas Marina Island.
Check it out below:





See you all very soon,
Chandni

Instagram: itschandnipatel or click the link here
Twitter: itschandnipatel or click the link here
Facebook: ChandniVlogs or click the link here

No comments

Post a Comment

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig